Paddy has been with us for just over a year and is one of the hardest workers we have. He’s our factory assistant and does everything from lifting slabs in place and edge polishing, to making sure the factory is clean and making the best cups of tea! Let’s find out more about him…
What brought you to Cambrian Granite?
I knew Jamie (Production Manager) already and he asked me to help during a busy time. I really enjoyed it and was asked to stay!
What do you like about working here?
Everything! I get on well with everyone, love the banter, and like the hard work.
How would the team describe you in 3 words?
Cuddly, lovable, and happy!
What do you do in your spare time?
I don’t do a lot but I like cycling and sports – I try to keep active when I can but working in the factory helps.
Which 3 people, dead or alive, would you invite to dinner?
Brian Aragon (skater), Amy Winehouse, and Steven Seagal.
What are you looking forward to at Cambrian Granite?
I want to learn new skills and more about the trade. I’d love to learn how to use the CNC machines and all the systems we use to create worktops for people.
What fact about you would surprise people?
I’m German… but I can’t speak the language! I also have big arm muscles… but don’t put that! (Sorry Paddy!)
- Favourite film? Nightmare on Elm Street – I have a tattoo of it on my back.
- Favourite band? I’ll listen to anything as long as it’s not too heavy.
- Favourite song? I don’t have one!
- Favourite TV show? Breaking Bad
- Favourite holiday destination? I’ve never actually had a holiday… ☹
- Favourite food? Spaghetti Bolognaise
- Last book you read? I don’t really read – I always forget what happened on the previous page!