Cambrian Granite (Howden) Ltd (Cambrian Granite) understands your concerns over the privacy of Personal Data you may submit using this website or through any other form of contact with our organisation.
The information we collect
Personal Data is anything which identifies you as an individual, either on its own or by reference to other information. We may collect the following Personal Data from you when you use our website or contact us:
- Information such as name, address, email address, contact number and payment details which are collected to support the transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website.
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation).
- Any other information that you choose to provide to us.
Like other commercial websites, this website utilises a standard technology called ‘cookies’ and web server log files to collect information about how this website is used. A ‘cookie’ is a small piece of information sent from our website to your computer to help us to identify you quickly. The information we collect allows us to monitor website traffic and to personalise content of the website for you. The information we collect is anonymous. We will use the cookies to:
- Keep track of you whilst you navigate the website.
- Prevent fraud.
- Increase website security.
Legal Basis for using Personal Data
Cambrian Granite will only process Personal Data where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend upon the reason we collected and the needs to use the Personal Data. Under UK and EU data protection legislation in almost all cases the legal basis will be because:
- Processing of the Personal Data is necessary to perform the contract to fulfil your request for products and/or services.
- Processing of the Personal Data is necessary to support your consumption of products and/or services.
- Processing of the Personal Data is necessary to support the creation of a contract with you as a new Customer.
- It is in Cambrian Granite’s legitimate interests as a provider of solid worktops and surfaces to process the Personal Data to operate and improve our business and associated products and/or services.
- Cambrian Granite processes the Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation.
- You have consented to Cambrian Granite using the Personal Data for a particular purpose.
If processing of your Personal Data is subject to any other laws, then the basis of processing your data may be different to that set out above and may in those circumstances be based on your consent in all cases.
How we use the Personal Data we collect
Your personal information will enable us to provide you with access to all parts of our site and will be used for several purposes, including:
- Administering our business activities.
- Personalising your experience on our website.
- Keeping you up to date with our products and services.
- Contacting you about a query/form you have submitted.
- Processing customer requests that you have submitted (e.g. aftersales request).
- Processing orders you have submitted.
- Contacting you if you were to win one of our competitions.
- Carrying out customer analysis.
- Gaining consumer feedback.
- Contacting you with marketing information which you have requested and that may be of interest to you.
Cambrian Granite will only contact you if you have consented to the communication. If you wish to withdraw consent, this can be done easily by emailing email@example.com or writing to Cambrian Granite, Unit 1, North Lynton Farm, Main Road, Newland, Nr Howden, East Yorkshire, DN14 7XF.
As a provider of solid worktops and surfaces we have a legitimate interest to process Personal Data to improve the products and/or services we offer and carry out our business. For example, we will process Personal Data such as, name, address, email address, IP address, browsing history, page visits, length of visit for the purpose of:
- Answering any enquiry, you raise.
- Sending you marketing communications.
- Administering and enhancing our website.
- Improving your browsing experience by personalising the website.
There are instances Cambrian Granite is subject to a legal obligation and processes Personal Data to comply with those obligations. For example, we will process Personal Data such as, name, address, for the purpose of:
- Satisfying legal or regulatory requirements, e.g. periodic returns to HMRC.
Alternatively, Cambrian Granite may collect and use Personal Data that you have consented to be processed for a specific purpose. For example, we will process Personal Data such as, name, address, for the purpose of:
- Registering you as a potential candidate for employment with Cambrian Granite.
- Providing your personal testimony regarding your experiences of dealing with Cambrian Granite.
- Answering questions to support the proposed or actual sale, merger or transfer of all or a portion of our business, and/or acquisition of another business.
While we will restrict the processing of your Personal Data in line with your request, we may add your Personal Data (name and address) to a ‘suppression list’ to ensure we do not send any communications in the future.
How long will we keep Personal Data
We will only process your personal data providing you have given your consent for us to do so. Under the provisions of the DPA, our company’s lawful basis for processing personal data is based on a Legitimate Interest. The legitimate interest relates to a legal requirement for us to hold your personal data and financial information on record for up to a total of five years. We will actively review the Personal Data we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymise it, when there is no legal, business or customer need to retain it.
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for their marketing purposes.
We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to send you newsletters, to complete an aftersales request or to help you find a legitimate repair professional). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure.
You have the right to:
- Request confirmation whether we hold your Personal Data and, if so, to access that Personal Data.We will inform you of: the purposes for which the Personal Data is processed; the categories of the Personal Data processed; whether your Personal Data has been disclosed and the categories of recipient of the disclosure; whether your Personal Data has been transferred to another country or international organisation; the expected period for which the Personal Data will be stored. If we did not obtain the Personal Data directly from you, we will also inform you of the source.We may withhold such Personal Data to the extent permitted by law.
- Request correction of the Personal Data we hold.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data, subject to any legal obligation to which we are subject or where the processing of the Personal Data is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. We will accept your request for erasure where we have a legal obligation so to do, acceptance of such a request is otherwise at our discretion. Please be aware that the erasure of your Personal Data may affect our ability to provide the website and the services associated with it to you and in some cases our acceptance of an erasure request may require your account to be closed.
- Restrict processing of your Personal Data where you contest the accuracy of the Personal Data we hold, consider our processing to be unlawful, consider that we no longer need the Personal Data but it is required by you in relation to a legal claim or where you have objected to our processing in accordance with your legal rights, provided in each case that we shall only be required to apply such restriction where we have a legal obligation to do so and until the issue giving rise to the restriction is resolved.
- Withdraw any consent that you have previously given to our processing of your Personal Data.
- Receive the Personal Data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and readable format, where the processing is carried out by automated means.We may withhold such Personal Data if it adversely affects the rights and freedoms of others.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Data, for example the use of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
We will never knowingly collect Personal Information from minors (children under 16 years of age, or any other age defined under applicable law). If we become aware that a minor is attempting to or has submitted Personal Information via this Site, we will notify the user that we will not accept his or her Personal Information. We will then remove any such Personal Information from our records.
Please let us know if the Personal Data which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. Failure to inform us of a change to your Personal Data may result in the suspension, or withdrawal, of your subscribed services.
Third party websites
In the unlikely event that you have a complaint about our treatment of your Personal Data, it will be dealt with in accordance with our complaints handling procedure. You should contact the Head of Marketing, who will respond to you within 28 days.
You may also raise a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is Cambrian Granite, Unit 1, North Lynton Farm, Main Road, Newland, Nr Howden, East Yorkshire, DN14 7XF.